Purpose.

Projection of current life. Extremley dramatized. Beautiful.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

I'm sorry.


I’m sorry.
Seven letters. Two words.
It’s simple, concise, short.


So then why is it so hard for us to say?
Why doesn’t it just roll of our tongue?
Is it because we’re scared or in denial?


Why couldn’t they just say-


I’m sorry I was disgusted by you.
or wasn’t the parent I should have been.
I’m sorry I couldn’t accept you for being who you are.
and I threw a bottle of whiskey at you when you told me you were gay.
I’m sorry I deserted you when you needed me most.
But no. I got disowned and communication cut off.
Well, you know what I’M sorry that I wasn’t who you wanted me to be
and now you will live the rest of your lives without your beautiful baby girl.
So, I’m sorry for you.


Or you know, I’m sorry I betrayed you.
and wasted our marriage.
I’m sorry I ruined your life and psychologically screwed with our child.
or that I lied to you and deceived you.
I’m sorry I gave more to someone else than I ever gave to you.
But no. I got divorce papers and a custody battle.
Well, you know what I’M sorry that I wasn’t enough for you
and now you will live the rest of your life without the person who gave up their world for you.
So, I’m sorry for you.


Or how about, I’m sorry for giving up.
and that I didn’t come to you first.
I’m sorry that I have left you utterly alone.
and because I was scared and thought this was my only outlet.
I’m sorry I didn’t say goodbye,
But no. I got an empty bottle of pills and a casket.
Well, you know what I’M sorry I wasn’t there enough for you to stay
and now I will live the rest of my life without the best thing that ever happened to me.
So, I’m sorry for you.


Apologies are hard.
But do me a favor.
Next time you cross the line
or hurt someone's feeling
or just make a simple mistake
hugged your loved one and just say-


I’m sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment