Purpose.

Projection of current life. Extremley dramatized. Beautiful.

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Run, my child.

I stood in a barricade of printed question marks,
I was claustrophobic in the confines of faith.
I was trapped, 
held down by a man named doubt.
It was funny to think it was all out of love,
out of love for him who I let become my holy word,
his smile was my glory,
his approval was my grace.
It took all up until now to realize,
realize the truth,
realize the reason,
He has challenged me.
My first love, my questions,
My heartbreak, my anger,
let them all be bumps on my path.
My path that He has set for me,
straight, He has said,
do not turn, 
do not stray, 
do not question,
run, my child, He tells me, 
run.
Wisdom’s wind will guide you forward,
virtue will keep your nights warm,
and grace will protect your face from the sun,
for you are mine,
and I will not let you know harm.
I have been freed from a cell of my own confusion.
I am escaping to a path comprised of Christ,
yelling to the open skies that He is all I need.
As I walk this smooth path all I can think 
is “Now, it all makes sense.”
The trials, the pain, the suffering,
that was all molded in purpose.
Those were layers he had planned for me to shed,
I shed out the anger,
the depression,
the nerves,
the loss,
the heartbreak,
the deceit,
all to become a solid layer of blessed flesh.
A golden tint has been given to my pale, white skin.
He hast made me Golden.
My tears of metallic hit the gravel
as the road becomes bumpier.
There’s a chill in the air but I can feel
arms wrapped around me,
and the gates to my heart tighten
as He has told me to guard it,
but the warmth radiating from inside is so full
as I feel his angel’s presence following me,
leading me,
protecting me.
I walk in the night,
usually scared of persons with dark intentions
and their dark motivations to be creeping behind the moonlit trees,
but with no fear in me but for He the Lord.
Fear and love so strong-
as the full moon guiding the tides I brush against.
I can feel His finger tip in the salt waters foam,
I can hear the cries of heaven as waves crash over rock,
run, my child, run,
run with me by your side,
run devout and unwavering,
run without pride or greed,
run knowing my word is true.
I take in His words with a single breath,
I run alongside Him who has given me a new start.
My path is full of stops of happiness I’ve never known,
innocent giddiness with blushes and hand holding giggles,
responsibility to the extent of such honor,
opportunities so mind boggling as the Grace of our God.
I run, while knowing I would run like this every second,
of every day,
for the rest of my life,
if it meant He would be with me,
making me learn,
making me understand, 
making me Gold. 
I run for Him.


I run.

No comments:

Post a Comment